Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our God Reigns

The new week is just about to begin. I am expectantly waiting for all the Lord is going to do.
Our God reigns. He is in control. No matter how dire the circumstance, how bleak the future, how depressing the news, our God reigns. We're never out of His sight, off his mind, def to His ears or far from His help. He is all-knowing, all-loving, all-consuming, always. What truth to reflect on.
One thing I know is that we are in warfare. Our minds are the very battle grounds. I was encouraged in the word today to take up my shield of faith and fight off the fiery darts that are being chucked my way. The word doesn't say that we need the shield of faith sometimes or that maybe fiery darts from Satan will come; it's a guarantee that he is trying to defeat you but it's also a guarantee you are fully equipped with protective armour to keep you in the battle and even better, to keep you victorious.
My goal this week is to keep my shield up. When I'm in class, and I can't strum the guitar right or spread my fingers far enough to make a chord, I'm going to hold my shield of faith high so that I'm not discouraged. God can surely teach my fingers to stretch and my hand to strum. When I am feeling homesick and in need of companionship (which was the case of most of my last week) I'm going to hold my shield strong and have faith that God knows all my need and He will supply me with the companionship that will blow my mind and bring real joy.
It's almost ten and I need to practice playing the key family of E..... E, F#m, G#m...... yeah, I need practice.
Remember to hold up your shield this week! And when you are weary, our Daddy has strong arms. If you ask Him for help, He won't refuse :) Our God reigns!

1 comment:

  1. shield is up, heart is open, wise about is good and innocent of evil, building callous fingers not a callous heart. I love you

    dad

    ReplyDelete