Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Ball Has Started Rolling

School has begun. I went to orientation yesterday and my heart and mind was so filled with joy as almost 50 students listened to our director, Scott Cunningham, welcome us and debrief us about the next nine months of the School of Worship.
For all of you who I have not updated, which there is a lot, I want to share how greatly God provided.
My pastor in Napa, Bill Walden, asked over his facebook status if any of his friends in the O.C. were willing to open up their house for me. Stephanie Dollis responded with a yes. The Dollis family lives in Huntington Beach, CA and they are wonderful. The have a 17 year old son named Hayes who is gifted musically with a bunch of friends who are gifted as well. So I have a feeling a lot of music is going to be filling the Dollis household these next months :)
Isn't is so great how the body of Christ responds when one member is in need? There is such unity in the body of Christ- more unity than human blood relation could ever bring. And what a great Helper the Spirit is! He places burdens upon people's hearts, directs them and guides them; He guided me to the Dollis house, where He has chosen to put His name. I'm very thankful.
I move into the Dollis house today. I may also have a roommate, which would be SA-WEET! Her name is Ashley. She's praying, I'm praying, and God is guiding. :)
I have been job hunting. I picked up a Starbucks application (much to Mario Piambo's dismay I'm sure), learned how to apply online for Old Navy, and sent my resume to a Chiropractor who needs an assistant on Saturdays. I know God will provide for the right job that doesn't just suit me, my personality and likes, but that also encourages those that I'll be working with. I'm anticipating where He will lead for this need.
I also have transportation to and from school! I was planning on riding my bike there and back, which would only be a little over five miles each way, but as I was telling a girl this yesterday at orientation, another girl who was sitting in a row in front of me turned around and said, "I live in Huntington beach off of Garfield st. and Beach Blvd. (which is where I'm living very close to) and I can give you a ride no problem"! Ha! God is so good! Wow... I'm so blessed. So I will just need to find a ride home on Monday's and Friday's or if Ashley does room with me, she also may have a car.
All I have to say is yesterday was just a wonderful day witnessing the providing hand of God. After Orientation, we went to Redondo Beach and ate crab at a Korean restaurant on the pier. I had never had a crab-eating-experience before yesterday, and when something is the first, it's usually the best. We all hammered away, wearing bib and all, eating the luscious crab meet, sipping up the spicy Korean fish stew, and enjoying making memories that will last in the cubbies of my mind forever. I know, whenever I eat crab, I will think of yesterday, August 28th,2009: the first time I ever ate crab. Petey, my brother-in-law, told me that when God is showing me who my husband is and we are dating, I need to take him out to eat crab. Petey did that with Jenn, that's why he suggests it. Jenn, my sister, said, "If you can hammer at a crab, wear a bib, get crab juice sprayed all over you, spray crab juice all over everyone else, smell like fish for the rest of the day, and still have a guy who is in love with you, you'll know it's meant to be". She may have not said that verbatim, but it was close enough. So, future hubby, just know, the crab test will come!
Just as yesterday was a great day, I know today will be as well. I woke up pretty early this morning, mind filled with all the "to do's" but a heart stilled and resting in peace knowing that today is the day that the Lord has made, so I will rejoice and be glad in it. I was struck with the simple reality of the fact that I am God's and He is my master, I am His Handmaiden and my life is not my own. What weight that releases in this big world where everyone tells you that you need to make yourself into someone of worth. My worth is in my God because He is the one who made me and chose me as His.
Maybe today you are struggling with who you are. Maybe today you are questioning your worth. May you know that you were redeemed not with silver or gold which perishes but with the precious blood of the Lamb of God. There was nothing less of perfection in the person of Jesus and He gave Himself for you that you may find your identity and freedom as His child. You are God's prize. Jesus made you perfect in the sight of God; you are perfect without spot in the eyes of God Almighty and He loves you, truly. Maybe you needed to remember that today. Rest your mind on His love for you.
As I close this blog, that list of "to do's" invades my thoughts; Go to Ikea and get a bed, shop for groceries, meet up with Petey's friend, first take a shower, have another cup of coffee, then shop for groceries and q-tips and toothpaste and five lb. weights..... Today is going to be a great day because today is the day that the Lord has made.

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you!!! Keep your eyes on Him and keep following His lead. We'll miss you here, but who knows what He has planned? You may be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. magnificent hand of God, fashioning, shaping, leading you into His poema in Christ Jesus our Lord. I love you darling daughter,

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Melissa...

    Susan Mallett

    ReplyDelete