Sunday, August 9, 2009

Flipping Through Journal Pages

Tonight is a night I feel as though I could wright and wright and wright. God is enormous and gigantic and I'm just awestruck by Him.
I have been accepted into the School of Worship. I was reading through my journal and came across the date that I wrote the calling God was placing on me to attend the SOW; April 25th, 2009. I remember Scott Cunningham was being interviewed on KWVE and I was listening to the live broadcast over the Internet. God has creative ways of leading His children. Under the sentences of writing out what I was feeling called to, I wrote "Confirm, round about, if this is truly Your will. Open doors, I pray. Close doors, if need be." That is still my heart's prayer. I haven't a place to live in Costa Mesa or the surrounding area yet, I haven't any transportation other than a bike, and I haven't a job lined up yet either but I now focusing on the things I haven't would be such a mistake.
Faith; what is it? The substance and realization of things hoped for, the evidence and confidence of things unseen. (Hebrews 11:1)
I have faith in my amazing Father, all-knowing Abba, the keeper of my life to provide all my needs, as He has faithfully done from the day I took my first breath.
There truly is something amazing about remembering all the things the Lord has done in one's life. Flipping through my past journals brings tears to my eyes because I can read the recorded faithfulness of a gigantic God in my personal and seemingly so small life. I love reading answers to prayers. I love reading when I cried out to God with my all. I love reading how the Lord spoke through His word that day. I know that the pages of my journals are read by my Father and He hears even the words that my heart utters without using verbal or penned out words.
Tonight the Lord spoke to me this verse- verse 5 in Deuteronomy 12. I wrote it in my journal. It says, "But you shall seek the place where the LORD your God chooses, out of all your tribes, to put His name of His dwelling place; and there you shall go."
I want to seek where He chooses to put His name so desperately. Psalm 85:12 & 13 say, "Yes, the LORD will give what is good; and our land will yield its increase. Righteousness will go before Him, and shall make His footsteps our pathway." He leads where He has already trod and that comforts me.
May you be equally, if not more enamored by God's faithfulness to you. May you continue to pour out your heart before you Great Counselor. He has attentive ears, embracing arms, corrective words, and love that spills past the vastness of the universe. He loves you, yes, He loves you so. Remember all that He has done.
Handmaiden of the Lord,
Melissa Rae

2 comments:

  1. I am reading through the Psalms and was in Psalm 85 Saturday where I paused and considered the musical/worshipful qualities of verses 10-13:"Mercy and truth have met together;Righteousness and peace have kissed. Truth shall spring out of the earth,And righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yes, the LORD will give what is good;And our land will yield its increase. Righteousness will go before Him, And shall make His footsteps our pathway."
    As our van failed us in Elko last week, God did not fail us. In fact, He ordained the van to seize so we could confess our sins and draw near to Him. How great is our God! At no time does He forsake us. He cares and takes care of the smallest to greatest things. Today I leave to return the rental van to Elko not knowing what provision God has, but I trust Him.
    (Psalm 86:11-13)Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth;Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,And I will glorify Your name forevermore. For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

    I love you honey and (Phil 4:19) our God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your acceptance to the School of Worship in Costa Mesa! That is a wonderful church and the SOW is excellent. God will absolutely provide all of your needs! I wish I knew some people in that area that could help you out but everyone I know is in San Diego. When do you leave? I will be praying for you.

    Your sister in Christ,
    Shaina

    ReplyDelete