Monday, February 21, 2011

I Press On

I will take nothing that which is not given to me; I will not hold onto what is given. Self indulgence is not what I desire.

What is required of me, a Christ follower? What I desire is detachment from all I could hold dear as comfort and pleasure. What does surrender look like? How do I walk in it?

I like things; I like my room, my bed, my coffee and gluten free crackers; but those are nothing to hold to. They are nothing in the long scheme of thing.

Abandonment is what I'm learning. Abandoning my dreams, my desires, my romances. Is this easy? No. Is this logical to anyone? Not really. Forsaking all, leaving all, and following Christ is what I will do. My clothes, my comforts, my identity is all wrapped up in the Man who is leading me; Jesus Christ the Lord. Why? What else is there to live for? For me? For my pleasure? That will leave me ruined, devastated and far from the Love of God. I will be left wallowing in my mire and unaware that it's stench is deathly to those that catch its whiff.

Another weight behind; I press on. Toward Jesus, I press on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I really like your passion and desire to behold and apprehend that which has apprehended you. I can see the transparency of your desire to do away with your will so His will may be done in you. This is a great cry...most of the time hard, but a good cry. I'm encouraged. Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete