Monday, February 7, 2011

on a white paper heart

Valentines day is approaching; yes, that means red glitter, Hershey's Kisses, stuffed bears and lots and lots of hearts.
Love.
Let's reflect.
Love is great! I believe it is the greatest desire of every human being. It was love that moved God, the God of ALL THINGS EVER CREATED, to send His Son, in whom He fully indwelled, to die and take all our sin so that we could be presented to Him in holiness.
Love.
There is no greater demonstration of love than that of Jesus Christ.
I really like love movies, I will be honest. I really like weddings as well. I really like seeing people walk hand in hand, or parents play with their children, or children play dress up with each other. I believe love is demonstrated in all scenarios.
Have you ever heard of the five love languages? Words of affirmation, gifting, helping, physical touch or just hanging out? (those aren't the exact words for each language, but they incapsulate the gist). I really think a person can be given love in each way, but they feel more love from one over the others. Well, all this to say, a couple of nights ago I saw love displayed, on a white paper heart.
Isaac, my youngest brother, is a romantic. In fact, he has already picked out his bride. Yes, he tells people he will marry her. Who is this young lady, you ask? Her name is Gracie, and just for the record, I completely approve :) Isaac has kissed Gracie- I believe it happened after a chase through the church. Precious. He plans on giving her a ring; we've discussed it. For now, Gracie's title to Isaac is "Girlfriend", but he is keeping the end goal of holy matrimony in perspective. No other girl quite compares to Gracie for Isaac, and the feelings are mutual, just ask Gracie's dad.
Back to a couple of nights ago. Isaac showed me the valentine he made for Gracie.
The left side on the white paper heart reads:
"You are a good friend.
It is fun to play with you."
And the right, appropriately illustrated with a girl and boy holding hands, reads:
"I love you."
Love. The greatest gift of all.
"By this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
John 13:35

No comments:

Post a Comment