Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just Wrapping Up The Night

Today seemed to drag on unusually long. Church service this morning seems like it happened two days ago... everything just seems to have taken so long.
As I'm lying here in bed, thinking and talking to the Lord on all the upcoming events and things He's doing in my life, I am reminded of faithful He is. He never clothes the lilies of the field with less than stunning beauty nor does He ever neglect to give the sparrows good nutritious food. He never worries about how He'll provide for what is necessary. How much more will He take care of His children? "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." -Matthew 6:33-34
There is still so much on my mind in these last minutes of this day. I will not worry...

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    Behold the glory of the Lord! How magnificent He is. How near He is as we draw near and nearer yet to Him. Yesterday morning, I left home for work around 4:00am and drove east into a dark early morning that was about to have the morning sun explode on the scene. As I drove enjoying a cup of freshly brewed coffee from home I began calling out to God bring the names of loved ones before His throne. It was a powerful 3 hour drive that resulted in explosive praise interspersed throughout a time of prayer and celebration.

    Oh God, thank you for your presence; how wonderful You are.

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful He is. "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much" James 5:16.
    I love each time you are home; God has been blessing those sweet times with so much of His love and grace. God answers prayers and I'm truly amazed.
    I love you dad, so much. Thank you for always entrusting me into our Father's care. What a great example you have set for me.
    Your daughter, the handmaiden of the Lord,
    Melissa Rae

    ReplyDelete