Saturday, December 12, 2009

Distractions and Rain

God is good.
I am writing on this wonderful rainy day in Huntington Beach. God is faithful to bring the rain. He's been showering this land this past week, and each time I hear the drops on the roof, I'm reminded of His unfailing faithfulness.

Joel 2:21-24 says this:

"Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice, for the LORD has done marvelous things! Do not be afraid, you beasts of the field; for the open pastures are springing up, and the tree bears its fruit; the fig tree and the vine yield their strength. Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God; for He has given you the former rain faithfully, and He will cause the rain to come down for you- the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. The threshing floors shall e full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil."

I probably have written out these verses previously, but God's word is never exhaustible!

His faithfulness shines ever bright. Oh, how I am learning to rest in His faithfulness.

When God was bringing His children to the Promise Land, he reminded them that they were going to possess a land in which they did not labor for, they were going to partake of the vineyards fruit in which the did not sow the seed for. God was going to give them victory from their enemies and they needed to not be afraid. Joshua 23:14 says, "And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the LORD our God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed." They couldn't stop God from being faithful. I kept reading that passage just now and there is a huge warning at the end; God was going to bring harm to His children too because they transgressed and served other Gods. God's blessings are great but His punishments are real when we give into our distractions, our flesh and ally with the enemy.

So what in my life is not pleasing? What in my life is ahead of God? His faithfulness comes like the rain; there is nothing I can to do stop it. But what, right now, needs to be ridden of in my life?

Lord, I confess I am blind, to my sin and flesh's desires.
Only You can reveal them to me-
I want to focus; this life is so short!
I want to possess great lands,
over come great enemies,
not because of my strength,
but because I trust in You to fight for me.
I vulnerable ask for the dark places to be lit.
I want Your blessings! Yes, I want them from YOU!
Rain them down, at Your pleasure.
Thank You Lord for revealing truth in your Word.
Thank You for writing your law on My heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment