Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In the Valley Again

It's been a while since I have past sat down to write. My intention when I started this blog was to continually be posting, allowing this to be an outlet of what I was learning, experience, wondering, walking through; revealing God's heart to you as He was revealing it to me. I often find my thoughts so scattered that I don't want to scatter other's with them; that would be doing us both a discredit, so that is why I haven't posted as much as I would like. Then I thought of this blog as being more of my viewable journal, which is probably another very bad idea. So what should this be? What should I post?
Answer if you feel wish, or leave the questions open ended if that would be better... eventually God will show me, I know it. I know He still wants me to show other's His heart, so I will continue in that and trust that He will direct the words I type.
So, as this whole blog thing develops, and I get a concrete vision of what it should contain, I will fill the rest of this entry with an update on the happenings of my life right now.
I am in Napa Valley once again, living with the Kim family (my sister, brother-in-law, and three wonderful nephews, not to forget the one niece or nephew expected in December). I graduated from the SOW on May 21st, 2010 and now, I'm going where God is taking me. New season, as the last post contained, new areas of trust, newness all around. Being back in Napa has been a treat, like a decadently frosted giant chocolate cupcake. I love the people here. I love my friends. I love my family. I love the beauty of the landscape. I love the sunsets. I love the marshlands. Yes, one giant cupcake.
I've accumulated a lot of stuff this past year- or- erase that... I've gotten a lot of my old stuff sent to me in packages and when my family drove down from SD to visit last summer and now, I just want to get rid of it. Have you ever completely wanted to rid yourself of your whole wardrobe, accessories, trinkets, baskets, ect.? Right now I just want to keep the essentials and give the rest away. I have a tiny uncling in the back of my brain that I would end up regretting such a drastic detachment. But I know God would provide. And didn't Jesus tell the disciples not to take an extra tunic or money bag when He sent them out to tell others the gospel? I'm sure these men had houses, probably wives and children, and kept their belongings there, but they were assured by Jesus that taking nothing would mean He would provide everything.
So, where should my stuff stay? Where should all my belongings rest? Some of them are here, in the valley, others are in SD. Maybe it's ok to have them in both places.
Luke 9= so good. It contains the story of Jesus feeding the five thousand with the two fish and five loaves, or is it five fish and two loaves... it's the first. Jesus blessed it, He distributed it, and Jesus did the miracle. I know He will always provide.
My time for writing is over now. God's timing is always good.
Until the next time.... next though, next insight into God's heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment