Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rent

"And the LORD God of their father sent warnings to them by His messengers, rising up early and sending them, because He had compassion on His people and on His dwelling place. But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against His people, till there was no remedy." 2 Chronicles 36:15 & 16
What a sobering passage to read.
Has God sent me warnings that I have mocked, despised and scoffed at? Have I so deafened my ear that I have gone to places of sin where I am suffering from it?
"So rend your heart, and not your garments; return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness; and he relents from doing harm. Who knows if He will turn and relent, and leave a blessing behind Him- a grain offering and a drink offering for the LORD your God?" Joel 2:13 & 14.
My heart I rend and to You God, I turn. Thank you for your mercy, kindness, forgiveness, and that you let me acknowledge my sin, confess it, and give me the grace to walk past it and leave it behind forever.
I am rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment