Friday, June 18, 2010

Preparations of a Bride

My dear friend is getting married today. I have thinking about the preparations she has to go through; every detail leading up to this day where her and her groom prepare make the covenant to be man and wife forever.
Marriage is huge. I use to think I was so ready for marriage(yes, these were thoughts of mine in high school). I was sure it was just going to be a blissful breeze and that I would have a fairy tale "happily-ever-after". Oh, how I know my marriage is going to be wonderful, how I know that God is preparing me to be that bride even right now, and it's that very process that is making me realize what a huge responsibility marriage is.
I want to see my relationship with Jesus in the same light. Though I can't see my Groom, He is real and I'm really being prepared to meet Him face to face. What am I doing to prepare? Am I taking short cuts? Am I neglecting my beauty appointments, my spa treatments, my guest list, my decorations, all in a spiritual application? Does my dress fit? Are the alters made? Is my jewelry matching and sparkling? What about my bridesmaids? Am I communicating with them all the details they need to know about the wedding day?
All these thoughts have been swirling around my mind; it's my mind is a giant canvas and the thoughts are the colors; the picture is left unfinished, but I know it's going to turn out beautifully.
"Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet my people have forgotten me days without number." (Jeremiah 2:32)
I want to be a prepared bride, not neglecting, not forgetting my Groom and the glorious day of our uniting in perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment